gosh dang vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vista is running fine on my laptop except for the fact that I can't overclock the video card without getting a BSOD.

I don't think people realize that this operating system is still new and very few programs/drivers are created for it yet.

Why the **** would you say it needs a service pack already just because your trying to put stuff made for XP on it and some of it is not working out?

talldude123 said:
It's way too buggy, even on a nice computer. It has too many bugs.

I agree with Warez on this. Just cause a few people are having issues dont mean anything. How many people had/have issues with SP2?
Just cause a few people have a bad experience dont mean the software is totally flawed. As with Warez i run it jsut fine with all my software and games.:confused:

Everybody at this forum was critical of SP2 when it came out, and suggested everybody stick with SP1. People who installed SP2 with a clean install of Windows had absolutely no problem. Same goes for Vista. If you upgrade over XP, chances are there will be more conflicts with drivers and programs than if you just do a clean install.

beedubaya said:
Everybody at this forum was critical of SP2 when it came out, and suggested everybody stick with SP1. People who installed SP2 with a clean install of Windows had absolutely no problem. Same goes for Vista. If you upgrade over XP, chances are there will be more conflicts with drivers and programs than if you just do a clean install.
Exactly. I had a few problems with SP2 but I just reinstalled the programs that were giving me grief and it was perfectly fine thereafter. The same can be said for Vista. A few problems are to be expected but I'm actually quite impressed with how well this new OS appears to be doing so far. Very few problems have come my way at work and we install programs on these computers all day long.

vista ultimate runs flawlessly on my system, its twice as fast as XP was on it. i havnt found any bugs, no crashes

quality name brand hardware really helps
windows update automatically installed every single driver except for x-fi but thier beta works fine on it.

also i found nvidia's site drivers arnt as good as the v 7.xx you get from windows update

heres what i'm running it on
asus p5b deluxe
2 gig dominator ddr2
7900gtx
core 2 duo e6600
maxtor 3 hd
wintv pvr 250
x-fi creative audio card

Despite premature drivers for graphics cards and stuff, Vista's release seems much smoother than XPs was at the time. So far there has been no widespread security problems like was seen in XP on release.

did any one here get their version of vista from the express upgrade coupon with XP its taking a while im just not sure how long it took for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom