Help with new build!!! Urgent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you try pressing 4-5 times? It sounds weird to me...I'm on the Northwest side.
"it seems as if the motherboard needs to warm up or something before it'll really start firing on all cylinders. Because if I just leave it for a little while, and then press the reset button it will work."
Why do you mean by that? Provide more details,please. Do you get video at all? I'm asking you this because we can be talikng about a video cable problem, graphic card issue (did you check it's properly seated in the slot?), or if those things are okay then you have to consider Motherboard failure. It's not uncommon at all, specially if you're talking about a new built machine. Let me know,ok?

I just checked the video card. It's in there all the way. I even unplugged and replugged, to no avail. I really think its a motherboard problem, but is there no way to fix it? And more importantly, can I get my money back from MicroCenter if that is the problem and it is not fixable?

Hey, I was just reading the reviews for your Mobo...Men, I don't wanna sound pesimistic but you bought a very problematic board, to put it in a VERY NICE way...Seriously, did you check its reviews before you bought it? Always, do some web research on Newegg, Tigerdirect and other places to make sure of known issues with a specific piece of hardware. I've read reviews from users who had Memory Compatibility problems, Overheating, Lock-ups, etc., etc. and more etcs... If the video cable is properly connected, no pins bent, the video card is working properly, then your next step should be RAM. You need to test both sticks and from there...sorry to say this but it is most likely a Mobo failure. Hope that helps. Let me know,ok?

Yeah, I'm looking at a mobo failure, I think, based on reviews of similar problems. The thing is, when I went into Microcenter, I had the Mobo I wanted all picked out, but of course they were sold out....And the guy convinced me to buy this one. Big mistake. Alright, looks like I'll be heading back there. Think they'll give me a refund?

If the Mobo is deffective, check the documentation that came with it. Did it come with warranty? If so, they should refund your money. You didn't tell me if you get video on your monitor at all.

Yeah, I do, eventually. It really doesnt take that long, but its something that shouldn't happen, you know what I mean? I paid 115 for it, which I know is on the low side for a mobo, but still. I expect it to work like it's supposed to. I'll be calling ASUS. If they don't replace, I'll head back to MicroCenter and see. BTW, thank you for all of your help. It's great to know there are people who will help with anything. Restoring my lost faith in society :)

Oh, one more thing. If I get a new MOBO, what else do I have to do except take the old one out and plug the new one in? Reformat hard drives? ANything like that?

My pleasure,my fellow Chicagoan. I believe you have to take it to Micro Center, not to ASUS...They might test it and send it back to ASUS but they shouldn't give you a hard time with that refund. I don't remember their policy regardin hardware but I remember I returned a bad RAM stick not too long ago and they didn't ask me anything about ANYTHING; they gave me my money back and I walked away. Like I said, if you checked everything in your PC then it has to be the Mobo. Good luck and if you have any questions, feel free to contact me,ok? Take care!

Thank you so much! This was my first build, and it went fairly smoothly for a first time. Once I really get things rolling, and start to get good at it, I'd love to start my own company. It seems like a really fun way to earn some extra bucks on the side, and definitely not hard, especially with the help and support of this forum! Thanks again!

No, onee you have everything connected your new BIOS should recognize drives,RAM,etc.. Check reviews online first and pay attention to compatibility problems,ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom