Cooler for 7800gs AGP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCoffee

Fully Optimized
Does anyone know of a cooler for the 7800gs agp and where I can buy it?

The fan on the stock cooler is on the way out (squeals even after oiling) and i'm having real problems trying to find anything to replace it with, the layout is not the same as the 7800 pcie.

Alternatively can anyone suggest another solution if/when the fan dies?

well if it dies you'd probably be best strapping a 12cm fan to it with zip ties or somethin! So you can still use your pc like... I acdually do somethin permenantly, on my 8800gtx. Cause of the big plastic thing on it ive got a 2nd fan blowing into the hole just to try n keep it cool!

OK, well I guess I may have to do something like that :-/

Probably have to be a 60mm or 40mm fan though... Thinking about it I have a dead 6800 lying around back home, i'll check it out to see if i can salvage the just the fan.

jonny_uk said:
nah sticking a normal case fan on a gpu would look really messy in my opinion!
You want one of these http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=470199
That will keep it really cool, if thats too much then theres others on the same site that are cheaper, either way a proper gpu cooler would be much better than having a normal fan modded onto it(2 secs to fit the zalman aswell)

yea...thats prolly your best and only option....since the 7800gs takes 6800/6600 fans...

EDIT just noticed this is AGP not PCI-EXPRESS but the link should still be ok as its the same size card

sadly no, the AGP card layout is *very* different to the PCIE version. The AGP card was a bit of a one off which is why I'm haveing fun finding a compatible cooler... I think it needs to specifically Specify 7800GS AGP.

I did have a look at the Zalman cooler linked to above and it definately will not go on my card. So far as I'm aware i've reviewed the entire range of zalman and Arctic cooling. There was talk about Arctic cooling releasing a compatable cooler but it never materialised from what I can make out.

Cheers anyway guys

MASSCOOL makes a cooler. It's a huge heatsink with a 120mm fan, very ugly, but it might be you're only hope.

CrazeD said:
MASSCOOL makes a cooler. It's a huge heatsink with a 120mm fan, very ugly, but it might be you're only hope.

nice try but sadly the EVGA GeForce 7800 GS CO is listed under compatability exceptions.

looks like youve got an oddball there then mate. Seriously if i were you, id jam the fan or remove the blades from the onboard fan, but leave the heatsink on there. Then just strap a fan on which blows air onto the hs. Or if you're one of these guys whos pc has to look impeccable as well, just spend hundreds on a water cooling unit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom