Problem with Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karson21

Solid State Member
Well.. I was trying to burn an .iso with Nero but I got an error;
This application has detected that your drive is not in DMA (Direct Access Memory) mode. To improve your system performance we suggest you to enable DMA for all drives. Do you wish to run Nero DMA Manager for enable DMA mode right now?.
Ok, so I clicked on yes, supposedly activated it then restarted. Nothing happened. After that, I went to my device manager and checked one drive was on PIO mode (or some crap like that).

I got a Optical TSSTcorp CDRW/DVD TSH492B (standard driver that came along with my comp). and a LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1673S. (I downloaded the drivers for the lite-on so I imagine it must be working fine). I also downloaded some drivers from Dell site to the TSST~ but they didn't work. (Maybe I downloaded the wrong drivers, who knows).

Do you guys have any idea? Thanks.

/K

DMA mode means Direct Memory access mode. Its for increasing the data transfer rates by allowing the hardware to communicate directly with the memory, without interference of CPU( i.e., taking the CPu out of the picture). There is significant increase in data transfer rates!!

u said that Nero wasnt able to change it(it remained a PIO),, and u entered the device manager.. U can do it manually,, go into the device manager as before and click the Transfer mode box(drop down), there u can see DMA if available, click that, and maybe u wil hav to restart, , Then try writing the CD........;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom