Budget Build possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.a-top.com/xblade/xblade.html

this is my current case for my 754 socket board, Would this be able to hold the am2 board as well?

Edit: If I upped my budget to 400 dollars, would anyone suggest something different?

I do plan on upgrading in a few months, new board, memory ,card but if this setup can last me a 2 or 3 months and is a big improvement over my current setup then i'll go with it instead of just getting a pcie 754 board.

i dont know about the case. but it will definitely be an improvement over your current setup.
but if you are going to upgrade in a couple months, why not wait and go for the gold?

Get some god damned patience and wait it out till you can get some money, I think. Because, honestly, you're going from 1 gb of RAM to 512mb of RAM.. and yeah, upgrading your processor and getting a 7600gt.. But if you sort of think of it... Your motherboard sucks, your 3600 x2 is already going to start showing its age soon, you'll need more RAM soon, you'll also need a new video card soon... so just wait it out... unless you want to buy stuff over again..

Trust me when i say dont rush and then think to yourself" i wished i saved up another XXX amount and then got............" you know where im coming from!?

Im sure you will do the right thing!

Where am i lowering my ram? 4sticks for 256 is a gig last i checked. So would it be a better bet to just get the pcie board, pci card and stick with my current setup?

The difference between waiting and rushing is I'd like to be able to play the game vanguard with decent looking graphics and still have good frames per second. I am on low everything and struggle. If i just add more ram and and the video card for now do you think i'll see any improvement while i wait for a big rig?

oh... oops.. i thought it was 2x 256.. ****.. my bad.
Still, ECS doesn't really produce that great high quality motherboards, and a 3600+ x2 isn't really THAT powerful... and a 7600gt is starting to show its weaknesses... but if it's just for a game, then sure...

But you know.. sometimes, a month's time is the difference between the 7600gt and 7900gs, or the 3600x2 with that pretty bad motherboard and the e4300 and a ds3.

x2 3800 is a little better. my abit kn9 ultra rocks the socks for 75 bucks.
bear in mind that when deathhawk says "not that powerful" the x2 still falls into the upper end of current cpu's, and they are all excellent processors. but they are not the monsters that are conroe. dont rush, man...a month is not that long, and he's right about the difference in components. you've been playing with that rig for x amount of time now, what's a few more weeks?

Ok so i've been hearing a lot of waiting. I guess I should be asking this. For the budget gamer, what is a good system in your eyes for the lowest price? So I kinda know my price range.

one thousand can build a system thats of the chain, i'll email u my parts list, but u need to add a hard drive.... tomorrow calss ends in 5 ,4 ,3 2, 1, 0 g2g go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom