Building 2 monitors on 1 computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

John01nl

Beta member
Hey,

I made a bett with someone about the following question:

Is it possible to use 1 computer with 2 monitors, 2 keyboards, 2 mousses and then also to work on 1 monitor on something else and on the other on something else too. So 1 monitor is working with 1 keyboard on the Internet and the other monitor is working with MS Word with the other keyboard. But everything must be happening with only 1 computer........

Think about this and let me know soon ok?

See ya,

John.

2 monitors and 1 computer is very possible (my current set up). However, I dont think (not 100% sure) that there is a way to have two programs in focus at the same time (ie 2 keyboards sending inputs to two different programs at the same time.) There may be some type of software that does this, but I would image that it would kill the proformace of the system.

It's possible for 2 monitors, 2 mice, not sure about 2 keyboards, but no way (as far as I know) that you can have write into two programs as you describe.

my current set up is 1 moniter 1TV(can be changed to a moniter).
anything full screen goes straight to my TV. and i can still use my moniter for other things... but i dont think you can have 2 mouses and 2 keyboards 1 of each for each of the moniters...

two mice u can do but u only have one cursor so defeats the point two keyboards u can have and two monitors easily but you cant have two inputs into different programs i wanted to try this with a touchcreen for windows mce interface as an awesome remote which would then automatically open on a big screen all whlst i was just sitting working so that my freind could watch a movie without me having to stop no1 seemed to know how.

Matt

you can have 4 mice and 4 keyboards and have 3 moniters all at once but you cant have your computer act like 2 seperate ones. Any mouse you use will move the cursor, same with keyboard and typing. You will need another computer to do what your talking about altho there is no limit to how many keyboards and mice you can run and only up to 3 moniters.

you can run more but the problem with finding the right number of connectors ive got a program which can run 36 seperate monitors but ive only been able to run 4 at one time because i dont have the connectors.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom