Today's Video Cards vs. my Nvidia Ti4200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikenk

Baseband Member
Hello everyone,

Well, I've pretty much upgraded my CPU, RAM and Mobo to get myself a better computer. The only thing I haven't replaced is my video card. I had only planned on doing a minmal upgrade, so I was going to leave my video card alone.

I have an Nvidia Ti4200 128MB video card, AGP4x. Would just about any of today's cards be better performers than the Ti4200? I'm seeing a lot of cards in the $70-$90 range that seem like they could be better than mine, like the ATi X1300Pro or the Radeon 9550 cards.

Would even the "cheap" cards be an improvement over my Ti4200? I figure that those cards being AGP 8x automatically would make them better performers than my card.

Thanks!

I figured that today's cards would be better than mine. I guess my question wasn't worded exactly like it should have been. My question was geared more towards the cheaper cards.

If I spent $40-$60 to buy a cheap card, would that card still be better than my Ti4200?

A Ti4600 is similar in performance to an Ati Radeon 9000... Basically, any card above 40 bucks will beat the snot out of yours.

Well, that's good to know. I could upgrade and not have to spend a ton of money to get something much better than mine. I haven't kept up with the newer generations of video cards, so I 'm not sure which one's are considered to be the good ones. I need to do some research.

When I bought my Ti4200, Nvidia was the king of video cards. Then ATI really surpassed them and became the reigning king. Is ATI still beating Nvidia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom