Standby problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oracle..."

mdshort said:
Just for correction, the hard drive would have nothing to do with the motherboard's/operating system's standby features. It's the software, unless you have a convieniatly placed bad sector right where the standby settings are saved.
Sorry, but my personal experiences would proove otherwise. The hard drive does have potentially allot to do with it. I'm not saying it does in this case, but it likeley could, because i've fixed these type of problems before...:cool:

I would prob. have to agree more with mdshort the harddrive itsself most likely (but still a small possibility) is not the problem. It is most likely a software problem. And you are talking about a probem with the chipset. Do you mean the chipset drivers could be the problem? And if it was a chipset problem why would the issue be with the harddrive? (I'm not arguing :) just trying to understand and maybe educate myself a little)

Heh..

Should have seen that comming, I don't worry much about viruses, since I am well protected.

Yes, please tell us, what is the name?

"The Bitmap: Revolutions."

bhoney said:
I would prob. have to agree more with mdshort the harddrive itsself most likely (but still a small possibility) is not the problem. It is most likely a software problem. And you are talking about a probem with the chipset. Do you mean the chipset drivers could be the problem? And if it was a chipset problem why would the issue be with the harddrive? (I'm not arguing :) just trying to understand and maybe educate myself a little)
Well? Not that it matters anymore, but I used to have a Macintosh with this same problem. The only difference was instead of continuously going in standby, it would continuously restart itself. It took me a while but I later found out that the hard drive was to blame because of a serious error in the extensis B-Tree. It seems because the F***** thing couldnÂ’t shut down once, it kept trying to. So it damn-near killed itself! Â…. Anyway, thatÂ’s why you cant rule out the possibility that the hard drive could be to blame. Because there is a chance that two paths of information can run-in to each other and cause the system to restart or even Standby itself to prevent the error from getting worse. :cool:

Not to void your point, but if it was something like that I doubt it would even reach standby. It is however as you said to not rule out the hard drive, since it is the only part of your computer with moving components (and corrode over time).

Maybe i'm wrong, but this thread has reached its aging point already.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom