Something went wrong....

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the computers i'm working on is pre-build and the other is custom built. If i take the card out and take a look I will be able to figure out what kind of card it is. After doing that, how do I get my computer to realize that the card is there? Don't I need some sort of cd for that in order for it to recognize it?

Ya, wen u figure wat the card make is, either post it here and the guys here wil help u to download the software required to make the computer recognise the card.. or search in google the card make ,, or check the manufacturers website, where u can find a section for software download. The software required for this card ( or any hardware) to be recognised by a computer is also known as a driver. So , it can be under section of Driver download too..

alternatively, check whether u have the cd for this card,, The cd wil b marked with name of the card

I did look around for a cd. The one computer is a gateway that i had gotten a couple years ago. Soon finding out how much i hated gateway, because they did not give me everything that i needed.

you dont need a cd, find out the manufacturer NVIDIA,ATI,INTEL,VIA etc then go to their website and download the graphics drivers that you need.

also if you reset your pc and look at bootup sometimes it will say what graphics device you have in your comp.

or tell us what gateway machine it is model number etc and we`ll find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom