Help with new build!!! Urgent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try that. just out of curiousity though, my mobo doesnt have integrated Video, so if I uninstall my video card, Iwont be able to see anything...So what should I do about that?

Reinstall your video card in the black slot and reboot your PC and see if you get a POST beep or it boots up fine with no errors on the monitor, you know what I mean?

Okay, open the case of your PC and uninstall the video card from the blue slot and try the other one (the black one) and boot up the PC and see if your monitor gets video. If it doesn't, pay attention to a series of beep sounds (write down how many of them and wether they're long or short beeps, like "2 long-1 short-1 long...") because that is the "Power-On Self Test or POST". It's the PC checking if the basic hardware is working properly (like RAM,VIDEO,etc.) If you get beeps or a "on screen error", write it down and post back,ok? Also, go to your BIOS (press F2,F11,F10 or F12 when bootin up) and write down the version and manufacturer of your BIOS (Award, Phoenix,etc.) Before I forget: Did you install de video card drivers BEFORE installing the card? Most cards require you to do it in that order, device drivers first and then the card. Post back,ok?

Hey, I may* have figured it out. I was looking through my BIOS, and saw something. Maybe you guys could tell me if this could explain the problem, and if what I did is the right thing to do. Under PCIPnP, the primary display adapter was set to PCI, but I changed this to PCIe, because my video card is in a PCIe slot...Any input? I guess I'll find out tomorrow if this helped or hurt. Thanks for all your input, guys!

Hi! That was what I told you to check in your BIOS remember? Let us know if that solved the issue, otherwise we can still try a few more things. Remember: Always start with the basics, no matter how stupid or obvious it seems. Post back,ok? Good Luck!

Ohhh, looking back, that's exactly what you told me. However, it didn't solve it....When I woke up this morning, same problem was back again. I do, however, have a theory. Okay, it seems as if the motherboard needs to warm up or something before it'll really start firing on all cylinders. Because if I just leave it for a little while, and then press the reset button it will work. Does that help at all with the diagnosis?

Hi. Okay, let me ask you this: Why do you need to press the reset button for? To get video signal on your monitor? One basic thing: Motherboards don't need to warm up or anything like that sort. When you press the power button in the front of the computer it starts the POST and after that the boot process in which the PC loads drivers and the Operating System (I'm trying to be brief) Also, did you try switching the video card to the other slot? Did you hear any beeps when you turn on your PC? Do you still get the "No Signal Found" message? Post back,ok?

I switched the video card to the black slot to no avail. I don't remember hearing any beeps. It only happens when the computer's been completely off though...I'll try reading through all the stuff you said and see if I missed anything. By the way, Inoticed you're from Chicago. I'm also from Chicago. What part you from?

I just read on Newegg under the comments for this board, that it takes someone else "4-5 pushes of the reset button for this board to POST." But he said he's not sure why that is.....Does this help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom