Next AMD Price Drop 12th Feb 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I got the following email just then from my AMD Disty.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, 5 February 2007 10:30 AM
To: Harper
Subject: AMD Price Drop

Dear loyal friends,

I am pleased to announce that there will be an AMD Athlon price drop
starting next Monday (12th February 2007).

The prices have not been confirmed yet but should be around 10% of
savings than the current market rate. So, please do not get caught up by
stocking AMD Athlon this week.

If there is any need for AMD Athlon this week, we are still able to
accommodate with aggressive prices! Please let me know.

Thank you.

So if you are looking at getting a AMD based system, just wait another week.

Just in time for Valentines Day too. :firstlove

As if they weren't cheap enough as it is. 939 is in my mind the best price/performance ratio socket right now for people on a budget.

They need to compete against C2D.

C2D is garbage to me. Athlons are very fast anyways, and are so cheap...

Well, once a person buys an AMD, They usually stick to AMD. Intel is better known among people mostly because the P4 but AMD has it's share of die hard fans. I'm sure they'll fire back something against the core 2 but it's pretty much already too late. The socket F line is just a joke now, with how outrageously expensive it is. Unless they cook up something that's a decent price that can knock out Intel's processors soon they're pretty much out of the game for a while. Intel already has them beat, They just need to stay ahead of AMD. I'm an AMD fan and plan on keep buying AMDs. I have my reasons, The main one being cost. I don't have the money to be buying a 190 dollar processor with a 130 mother board plus DDR2 ram so socket 939 was perfect for me. /End way too long reply, Sorry haha.

they're releasing the 6000+ this month, in AM2.

I'm not sure when K8L is coming out. We'll just have to look for socket AM2+ motherboards (with HyperTransport 3.0)

Yeah but I bet they'll cost a fortune. That's what's killing AMD I think. People know the E6300 costs 190 and out performs most of the AMD line. They need cheaper, faster processors. Not faster stupidly expensive ones.

According to one of the AMD employees, K8L will be 1.8x the speed @ the same clock rate as the K8 (AMD 64) cpus. - Will be 40 percent faster than Core 2 Duo.

Thats why Intel already has planned a price drop for C2Ds this spring.

Apokalipse said:
I'm not sure when K8L is coming out. We'll just have to look for socket AM2+ motherboards (with HyperTransport 3.0)
Since I am an AMD Solution Provider, I will keep you posted to when that happens.

turtile said:
According to one of the AMD employees, K8L will be 1.8x the speed @ the same clock rate as the K8 (AMD 64) cpus. - Will be 40 percent faster than Core 2 Duo.
wow, I hope that's true.

I mean, I knew a fair bit about what AMD was changing in their architecture (as far as somebody who doesn't work for AMD goes), but I didn't think it would make a 1.8x difference.
M733mhz said:
Yeah but I bet they'll cost a fortune. That's what's killing AMD I think. People know the E6300 costs 190 and out performs most of the AMD line. They need cheaper, faster processors. Not faster stupidly expensive ones.
let's not jump to conclusions.
they may be expensive, but then again, they might not be. Let's wait for them to actually come out first.

It's all good, I love AMD. I've been a strong fan for years because the Athlon XP was such a tremendous chip especially for how frickin cheap it was compared to the P4. I feel kinda bad my new main is a C2D but I got a great dal on it. AMD is still my #1 proc though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom