Gaming monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
Can somebody please give me suggestions on a good monitor for gaming. Should I get a new monitor or keep the one I have. I know CRTs are good and the lower the dot-pitch, the better, but what brands and models are the best for gaming and have a reasonable price tag. I currently have an HP Pavilion vf51 LCD.

LCD's suck for gaming, they don't refresh fast enough... but i've always stuck with sony trinitron CRT's

Sony CRT monitors are great gaming monitors. Also Ive heard NEC CRT's are also damn good. Make sure you find one with low pixel pitch.

Demalii said:
LCD's suck for gaming

I know for a fact that this is truly, a false statment. I can show you a wide range of LCD's that are gamers dream. And on top of that, Demalli, I have limited space in my room I need something that is not bulky and yet matches in greatness or more (depending on price) than a CRT, and the same the other way around. I know if I were to take you down to my local Best Buy and show you the one I'm getting for my bro and myself, you would change your mind. It's a 19 inch and DVI and all.

Now I'm not saying at all that one is better than the other, Im just saying that "Hey, LCD's DO NOT SUCK and nor do CRT's, it just matters on the one who perfers which type:cool:

I like the Viewsonic myself, great color depth, and believe it or not the Dell monitor I also have has sweet color depth and quality. As for LCD's, well all I know is that they are way over priced. I saw a dream setup though at the local Fry's Electronics (Best Buy is way too expensive!!!!) where there was this HUGE LCD (or was it plazma?) and leather chair, 7.1 surround sound setup, it was like the ultimate in a gamers wet dream.

lcds rule :D

Not all lcd's suck. People say they "suck for gaming" because of the low response rate, thus giving the ghosting effect sometimes. this response rate is usually somewhere around 25ms which isn't great at all. what you have to do is find an lcd with low ms such like 16ms found with some hitachi moniters.

link

i go to college and there is no room for a large 19 inch crt moniter. and i see no ghosting with this one :D

NanoWarrior said:
I know for a fact that this is truly, a false statment. I can show you a wide range of LCD's that are gamers dream. And on top of that, Demalli, I have limited space in my room I need something that is not bulky and yet matches in greatness or more (depending on price) than a CRT, and the same the other way around. I know if I were to take you down to my local Best Buy and show you the one I'm getting for my bro and myself, you would change your mind. It's a 19 inch and DVI and all.

Now I'm not saying at all that one is better than the other, Im just saying that "Hey, LCD's DO NOT SUCK and nor do CRT's, it just matters on the one who perfers which type:cool:

however, the price for a good gaming LCD is far greater than the one for a good gaming CRT.

"however, the price for a good gaming LCD is far greater than the one for a good gaming CRT."

very true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom