Songs Skip??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

sup2jzgte05

In Runtime
I guess this question could go in a few forums, but this one seems about the best.

Here is the deal my brother just gave me his old intel D Dell computer as a back up I believe it is a Dell Dimension 1100, but I could be wrong (he changed cases). It already had an 80 gig Hd in there that has all the windows files on it. Well I took my other 80 gig drive full of music and put it in there because I plan on using this PC for storage. So today I go to play some music and for some reason the songs are kind of skipping. Every few seconds you hear it studder and it is getting really annoying now.

I ran Hitachi Check software to see if for some reason the drive was corrupted but it came back as OK. Here is what I have done already

1. Hitachi Fitness test

2. A few different Media Players

3. Closed everything running in the background

4. Defragged

5. Tried 3 different sets of speakers

6. Updated XP

None of the above fixed the issue, so I really dont have a clue what else I can try, any ideas?

Oh here is what makes up the PC

NEC DVD Burner
NEC DVD Drive
E210882 Motherboard
2 Hitachi 80G HD's
Intel Pentium D 2.54 Processor
250 Watt OEM Dell Power Supply
512MB Ram
Onboard Audio and Video

Also another funny thing is I just burned a CD and it works fine no skipped, jump nothing.

My 160 ide was doing the same thing, I even went to the extent of doing a clean install with no avail.

My access times soon after went to ****, and the drive is on it's way out.

I cant guarantee you have the same issue, but it's a possibility your drive is dying.

maybe look for a driver update first,, i ad problems like that oncve before,, cant remember how i fixed it,,

zep867 said:
My 160 ide was doing the same thing, I even went to the extent of doing a clean install with no avail.

My access times soon after went to ****, and the drive is on it's way out.

I cant guarantee you have the same issue, but it's a possibility your drive is dying.

I was thnking the samething, but the other Drive I have in there with music on is doing the samething.

zep867 said:
It's possible, as is anything but extremely unlikely.

Hmmm I guess I'm going to be heading over Newegg and see if I can find a nice CHEAP PCI Soundcard. I just reinstalled the updated drivers and still same **** thing :(

talldude123 said:
Try a PCI Sound card; they don't use the computers memory for sound.

I took your advice and tried a new sound card, but still the same **** thing happens. Any other ideas I can try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom