antec p180 case question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzjess

In Runtime
sence the power supply is at the bottom what psu would have long enough cables to reach everything?

and would this fit a 8800gtx.

i like the case but need to make sure everything will work

thanks

I have an antec 900 case which has the psu at the bottom and im using a OCZ psu and the cables are just about long enough to reach everything, plus they supply longer cables so thats pretty cool.

The p180 should fit the 8800 as its not a small case.

Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong

My mate has an Antec P180B and he has a 7900GTO but he says an 8800 wouldn't fit.

He also thinks the cables are a tight fit but it's doable.

Specs are in my sig.

An 8800GTX will fit, just take out the upper HDD cage.

My power supply cord reaches, it just depends on what PSU you get.

jonny_uk said:
I have an antec 900 case which has the psu at the bottom and im using a OCZ psu and the cables are just about long enough to reach everything, plus they supply longer cables so thats pretty cool.

Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong
The P180 is different from the 900 in that the P180 has the PSU in a closed-off space at the bottom together with the HDDs (both are similar in that the PSU is placed at the bottom of the case). In the P180 the PSU cords either pass into the upper section (where the mobo and everything is) via a special sliding door-type thing, or via the HDD cage (if you remove the upper cage, I believe). This cable arrangment is why it helps to have longer cables for the PSU. The 900 has no closed-off space for the PSU (I'm going off of the case pics on Newegg) so you have less of a worry there than Izzjess.

i think my problem is that i need a case that will fit in a computer desk cabinet and stay cool in there and fit a 8800 gtx. thats what im looking for

Grab a ruler/tape measure, find the dimensions of the desk cabinet, then go on Newegg and check the physical dimensions of various cases... leave a couple inches or so of space on all sides, etc.

I can't help you with the 8800GTX.

The middle hard drive cage is removable, and you do not need it since there are four HD mounts in the bottom bay. Anyone who got more than that in a gaming PC is nuts anyways.

The cabling is a bit tight, but with a well-done modular supply you can make it very spacious for air flow. I have to have my CPU wire hanging over my gfx card, but whatever. it works.

And also you can put a fan in the front that brings cool air directly to that hot burning 8800.

Here's a pic of my wiring job:

dscn0812bg9.jpg

As you can see, there is plenty of room for the extra length of the 8800 gtx.

what power supply did u use. im planning on getting a antec true power either 550w or 650w do u think there wires would be long enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom