vista install problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
ok tried installing it on my ssecond drive from within windows.. after the first reboot, it just stayed at the blue screen for 2 hours.....

tried installing from a boot... after i clicked the first next, sat at the blue screen for 3 hours lol.

i figure maybe its a chipset driver problem.. i have the evga 680i board... cant find vista drivers

lol so far.. vista is a sack of $hit

Yea, try booting from the cd, and install that way.

Total install time for vista is something like 15-20 minutes on every machine I've worked with.

Oh, I added you on myspace btw (haha)

Rundat said:
that's why I'm getting vista after 3 years lol.

Vista has a lot of issues. I've been beta'ing since the 5400 build. I have a copy of final release and it still has just as many issues.

They implemented some hardcore drm (digital rights management) software to assist in deterring pirated software, which is a deff down side to a user such as myself.

It's laggy. Not horrible but comparable to mce 05.

They added in all these effects to make it look like a mac. To that extent, it is a much more visually appealing OS, but it's not stable.

tried installing off of boot. exact same problem. Finally hung up and went no further after the slow install took about 4 hours.

I took my raid array completely out and tried booting off of it and installing onto a single drive... Took 15 mins just to get to the first menu after it loaded its boot files. I think i am gunna put vista on the shelf for about 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom