security software for the young ones...

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
Does anybody know any programs (preferably free), that can watch what a kid does on the computer? My uncle needs this to monitor his daughter, who's been messing around with the computer, and is concerned with what she is doing. Thanks...

If he is interested in previous internet activity, then all he needs to do is look at your router's previously visited sites by typing 192.168.0.1 (normally) into the address bar of Firefox or IE.

As far as security software, what are you looking for? Does it need to be hidden? Does he want to watch directly what she is doing?

yeah well, i curse AOL....for reasons not needed to be explained lol. and if she's into any P2P stuff AOL will get her for that too.

lol...I hate AOL.

He also wants to see who's she been chatting with and stuff, because he's concerned about online predators.

7777 Posts! WOW!

Set MSN Messenger to save the online conversations. If neeeded, reinstall and remove registry data.

lol...yeah there are various types of things that he could use depending on the instant messenger. AIM might have the same option if she is using the newer version. if she is a smart girl, and finds out youv'e been doing this she may find out about meebo.com and then your out of luck lol. honestly, the best guard against predators is intelligence. Talk to her, let her know not to talk to people she doesn't know about sex, and that she shouldn't tell them her location. I'm such a hypocrite......notice how I don't know anyone here and how my profile says im from Colorado...lol

Snap Files is a good resource of freeware, so try looking here:

http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/network/fwnetmoni.html

Also you may want to look into remote administration tools.

Try Googling for a computer monitoring/admin program, find one, learn how to use it, and that should work. I only used one to spy on my sisters computer for awhile (was worried about the same thing), and the program I used was way to technical.

Thats all.

This is what i do to internet predators

Ill pretend that im some innocent little 12 year old girl (of course im a 15 year old guy) and then like a minute into the conversation ill be like

"You sick Son of a b**** just got f****** pwnd."

By then I've got the guys IP address and anonymously send the guys location to Perverted Justice. Normally they catch those sick people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom