CPU upgrade question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
Hello All, I want to upgrade my CPU to an E6600. I currently have 2 512MB sticks of Dual-channel Corsair Ram 184 pin. Link Below:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145450

Is there a motherboard out there I can get that will support my ram and the E6600? Maybe something with 2 184 pin ram slots and 2 240's? I have everything else needed to build the system. Any help is appreciated :)

If you need any other info, please ask.

That stinks!

How much more of a performance boost would I see from an X2 3800 to a E6600? Is it worth the jump? If so, I'll just buckle down and buy all the parts and use my current items to build another PC to sell off to get some funds back.

Weird...but in the specs it says its x4 so it would really take away performance on your 7900gt.

The gigabyte s3 is probably the lowest budget board you want to get. And if you plan on overclocking, you should get some ddr2 800 ram for the e6600.

I didn't actually plan to overclock this build. I just wanted a cheap soloution for now and in about 6 months I was going to get me a better MOBO and some DDR2 ram. But if the Asrock board gimps the PCIE to 4x I may as well stick with what I have and just save up some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom