new hardware causing OS problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevermore

Baseband Member
I recently installed a new mobo, ram, processor into my case, using my old hard and cd-rom drives. I think I managed to work past all of the hardware problems, but now my OS wont load properly. I get to the screen that asks you to pick how you want to load windows (normal, safe, last known good, etc.) and no matter which option I choose, it goes blank for a few seconds then to a blue error screen. I am running Win XP Pro. I think all of the hardware is set up okayk, since I got past all of the errors at startup, and finally got to the windows screen. I just used the hard drive 'as is' from my old system, is this perhaps the problem? any suggestions? how can i fix this? Thanks.

some hardware specs that might help: My motherboard was upgraded from an m-bit p4 board to an Asus athlon xp motherboard. i bought an amd 3000+ and new ddr 400 ram.

thank you for your help.

Yea be best to format install when adding.replacing such hardware as this to XP.
You can also run a repair install and it should work but for me, I'd feel like ive not done a clean, good job abd would prefer...

uhm.. backup, format, reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom