Windows Vista 64-bit support

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewJones564

Solid State Member
Well I guess it is time to get windows vista..and when looking at the different versions that are out there I was looking through the 64-bit versions and seen the screen that tells you how to check if you have the ablity to run 64-bit and it showed that I did not...yet when I bought my computer parts and built my computer about 8 months ago I bought this CPU - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116198

Can someone tell me whats up?

FYI - I'm running on Windows XP Home - 32 bit right now.

It is a 64Bit processor. I have read up on all the stuff and it is a 64Bit. It probably just doesnt register.

Also Vista does have 64 Bit drivers. It has as many as XP has and a few more. But it doesnt have nearly as many as the 32Bit version.

so is it really worth it to investigate the problem and get the 64-bit version, or is the 32-bit just as nice?

32 Bit is just as nice. I think you would be better off right now with 32 Bit since you have more hardware and driver support.

Believe it or not, 32-bit is still standard. This is largely due to backwards compatibility with older software and hardware. Like XP, there is a 64-bit version for certain uses and applications, but gamers and home users in general have no real reason to use it at this time. Vista is supposed to be the last version of Windows before it goes completely 64-bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom