Which processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agro? Been playing too much WoW? Oh well, then again, so have I.

And I'm also speaking for the Core 2 Duo. What else would I be talking about? You said that 400FSB was no laughing matter and that it took balls to do. Well, that's way off. 400FSB, in most cases, is very much a laughing matter. If a motherboard cannot well break 400FSB, then it isn't considered a very good overclocking motherboard. And what amuses me to no end is that "Uber overclocking motherboards" like the eVGA 680i and ASUS P5WDH have trouble going very much over 400FSB. As for taking balls to do (I assume you were talking about bumping up the voltage), that also depends on the processor. If it was an E6600, then its even more irrelevant. You would need to bump up the voltage if you were trying to get an E6300 to 3.5Ghz at 500FSB. But you probably wouldn't need to bump up the voltage very much above stock if you were trying to get an E6600 to 3.6Ghz at 400FSB. Big difference, it depends on the processor.

Basically...if my motherboard didn't go well above 400FSB, I'd RMA it ASAP...wouldn't matter if I had a E6700. Over 500FSB (ASUS P5B-E, Gigabyte DS3) makes me happy.

P.S. You told me to "get agro on you" because you didn't know wtf you were talking about. Not saying you don't. That's just what you told me to do. ;) There's an example of where good punctuation can help.

lol, i don't feel like editing or proof reading my work... whats done is done...

and hitting 3.6 w/ an e6600 is easy, but keeping it stable for 24 hour use... on air, is not comfortable when your idoling at 40-50 degrees...

and as for wow.. i don't play it.. lol

TriEclipse said:
If a motherboard cannot well break 400FSB, then it isn't considered a very good overclocking motherboard. And what amuses me to no end is that "Uber overclocking motherboards" like the eVGA 680i and ASUS P5WDH have trouble going very much over 400FSB.

lol i find that rather amusing myself....

Yes, the reason most people don't notice/don't care about it is because they pair those motherboards with high-multi processors like the E6600/E6700, which don't need high FSBs to reach high-3Ghz speeds.

No booting past 400FSB? Extremely bad sample, IMO. P5W DHs have 500FSB+ limit.

and ASUS P5WDH have trouble going very much over 400FSB

See dude!

My P5W DH had trouble going past 400 and you told me it should do 500+, but now you say it's in capable of doing 400+

Which side are you on? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom