Finally ordered every part on the list, should be here Tuesday. Have a security ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King$nake

In Runtime
Ok, all the remaining parts are on order (The Graphics Card and Ram and PSU are in the mail). Once I get this rig going however, what steps can I take to ensure it won't be over run with Spyware and misc. BS that my other PC's have fallen Victim to?

First thing, Im going to set up my wireless connection so I have to log on to the internet every time I want to get on, this way its not a 24/7 open connection to spyware

What programs would you guys recommend so I can keep my PC running Clean. Can I have a program like Limewire and still have a clean running PC?

Thanks
Here are the Specs:

Case:
ENERMAX ECA3092 Black SECC & Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Motherboard:
ASUS P5B Deluxe LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard

Processor:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Conroe 2.13GHz LGA 775 Processor

Power Supply:
ENERMAX ATX 550W Power Supply

Graphics Card:
eVGA GeForce 8800GTS 640MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card

Memory:
G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory 2GBHZ

Speakers:
Logitech THX Z-5300e 280 Watts RMS 5.1 Speakers

Monitor: (22" Widescreen HDMI)
SCEPTRE x22wg-Gamer Black 22" 5ms DVI Widescreen HDMI LCD Monitor

Keyboard & Wireless Mouse:
Logitech Black USB RF Wireless Standard MX 3200 Laser Desktop Mouse Included

Sound Card:
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card

Hard Drive:
SAMSUNG SpinPoint T Series 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Thanks
Joe

Dude, Use Firefox and Ad-aware Professional and you're good. Aslong as you keep Ad-watch open it blocks all tracking cookies and all that crap. It'll also tell you when it detects registry modifications and things of that nature. That's all I've ever used and I've never had a problem with spyware. You don't have to worry about keeping your connection closed if you keep it protected.

I use these programs to keep my system clean.

Internet Browser: Firefox
Antispyware: Spybot and AdAware
Antivirus: NOD32
Other: HiJackThis

NOD32 any good? I've heard of it but never tried. Also, does the "32" in the name stand for 32-bit? Or would it work on a 64-bit system?

NOD32 does stand for 32-bit. They don't have 64-bit support right now.

It is very fast, and picks up everything, even stuff you thought was part of Windows.

Spybot is also top-notch, picks up alot of stuff I don't know about, like pay advertising...

Antivirus and Virus Scan- AVG Antivirus
Adware- Adaware SE Personal
Spyware- Spybot Search and Destroy
Internet- IE7 or Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom