Think i could of built it myself cheaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
Well just bought my cousin computer that he just built brand new... i think i could of got away alot cheaper if i built it myself.. i spent 800 bucks on it.. its his old case which is nice which has side window and blue LED... with his old drives... CD-RW and DVD-ROM.. here is what in it that i know of....

Intel pentium D 2.6Ghz runs at 2.67 ghz
1gig DDR memory *Enough for me*
PNY Nvida Geforce 7600 GT 256mb *He says it runs any game at high res*
120gb harddrive
Not sure what the name of the motherboard is.. he still has to send me driver discs in the mail.

So could of ive done better just building myself? well i guess its too late now anyways... he told me he put 1500 dollars in this comp just for parts... cuz i bought at a local computer store... cuz he built another one just like it which he uses...

so how i do?

More than likely yes you could have, 7600GT is a nice card but is starting to get to the end of its "Reign" some of newer games GRAW for example won't run on high detail.

You would need more ram than 1 gig to use the graphics card to its full potential anyway. Still you could maybe get for about 600-700 around places.

Yeah thats the thing though.. built the computer im on now over 4 years ago and its still running strong.. just wanted a computer that was good for gameing that could run WoW and some older games i play... and didn't feel like actually building one again.. so i just bought his it will do for now i guess.

I built an amd athlon 64 x2 4200+ computer for only about $600 and this computer would kill that thing anyday.

It has 2gb of ram, evga geforce 7600gt, 300gb hard drive, i think i should stop here.

he bought a high end motherboard and proc... and you gotta remeber everything he bought was at a computer store you guys know how pricey computer stores can be they're not cheap like online... but not careing if i got ripped only have dial up atm so i just wanted a decent computer comp just to play some single player games and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom