Weird Stuff On Cpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACIDDROPPER

Baseband Member
my cpu temp was in the low 70's so i called tech support and they sent me a new fan. its the exact same one the one i had in my pc before. when i took out the old fan, i saw some grey matter on the cpy. i touched it and it stuck to my fingers. its as if it were clay. does anyone know what this is? also after i installed the new fan, which was a pain, i checked the temp and it only went down about 8C. any suggestions to get the temp lower?

that stuff would of probles been thermal compound and is key to the heat transfer. thats a very high themp tbh even with the new fan u should be around 50ish. 60 is too high. what cooler are using? if its not a high end one is it copper or copper base with aluminium fins. what size fan on it? with u meantionin that it was a pain to put in i presume u used the socket a clamp thing. u should try the thermalright sp 97 its the best heat sink atm.

If you got thermal paste on your finger you will need to re apply it to the chip. Buy some Arctic silver 5 and follow the instructions on their website to apply it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom