New video card Messing Up PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I got the system running with the 250W PSU, works fine. Ran a could of games, to see if it would handle a bit of stress, worked great. I don't know why, but I to the PSU out, and was going to switch to a different PSU, but I decided I would just give it another try, and with it out off the case, it ran fine, popped the PSU back in, worked great. I have successfully reformatted the computer, installed a few benchmarking wares, and a game or two.

ok, if you didnt get it working get into the BIOS of your computer and look for and option that allows you to change default video device (should be under advanced or something). Once you find it set it to PCI (and if it doesnt have this option set it to AGP, you dont want it on onboard if youre using a card). Save by hitting F10 and shutdown, plug the card in and boot back up, it should be working then if not plug your monitor back into the onboard and see what happens or give up.

PS: to get into the BIOS you hit either "delete", F1 or F2, there also may be others but these are the common ones.

F-22-1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom