Maxblaster 4 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikoman69

Daemon Poster
Does anyone have this program, it comes with maxtors HDDs to insall them and format them. I have an unformated drive in slave, and the drive i want to copy on master. I select the new boot drive selection for formatting my harddrive, and it says in the instruction manual that it will "COPY" the files off my old harddrive and they will be on my new harddrive, even boot records and OS, so after that i can replace my old HDD with the new, bigger, better, and faster HDD with all the same information.

But, when i get into the program, and i go to the new boot drive selection, it comes up with a screen that says all the information on my partition on my old HDD will "MIGRATE" to the partition i put on the new HDD. Does anyone know if saying yes to this step in the setup where it says it will "MIGRATE" the files will copy them off my old HDD and put them on the new HDD, or it will transfer them to the new HDD and the old HDD will be blank after that? I DO NOT want the old HDD to be blank after this process incase something goes wrong with the new HDD either during the "MIGRATING" or if something goes terribly wrong and it needs to be returned after i install it as master

anyone know the answer to this question?? I have the same problem/question...using maxblaster4 as well

hey, it copies the files, i ran it a while ago, it runs flawless, takes a while tho (2 hours to copy 30gbs). Only problem i had was a few corrupt files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom