Suggest A Choice of parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
over the summer i have school so i cant really work. but i roof houses with my dad and i get paid about $100 per house if its bigger i get paid more. so in a month i could pay this off if i wanted to. i have $ 700 right now. I really apreciate your help cuz all those parts can get confusing. My old computer that im using now got a virus yesterday, i got a Worm, Trojan horse and a Bomb virus, luckily i found out and got the correct softwar to remove it and now im protected ;)

Remember the best protection against viruses and other malware is to exercise judgment when surfing the web. Be careful with the things you download, and view any button with suspicion, since they enable to run code in your computer.

What is your current computer anyway?

Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.66GHz
Memory: 1022MB RAM
Hard Drive: 156 GB
Video Card: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card: SoundMAX Digital Audio
Speakers/Headphones: Logitech USB Headset
Keyboard: USB Root Hub
Mouse: USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301

awsome i just joined this site and i already love it thanks so much guys! ive heard that the core 2 duo is better at running more programs at one time. ive already experieced problems with my celeron with running more than 3 programs. also how many Ghz per core does the core 2 duo have im a little confused is it 1.86Ghz in the cores combined or is it 1.86Ghz in each core separate to make a total of 3.72Ghz or what?

i dont mean to double post but i plan to run vista on this rig, and i was wondering can it handle it? i plan to play games like fear and other graphical games of that level and above, will it be able to play them?

No, no, clock speed doesn't "add up" like that. Here's an analogy: if two cars are going 50mph next to each other, are they going 100mph "combined"?? Of course not.

The E6300 is an excellent multitasker. Each of its cores has a clock speed of 1.86Ghz (although some of its internal parts actually work at double that frequency, through something called Rapid Execution Unit; technical crap, don't mind it).

Edit: Yes, that rig will run Vista with no problems at all, and you'll probably be able to play all current games with high to max settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom