Ram Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
T0t said:
Hmm, well that is true. But isn't that somewhat of a silly reason to just go with the kingston? I'm sure there won't be any compatibility problems if I mix Corsair and Kingston together. I just want to get the best ram possible in this case, all while respecting the budget I set of course.

Ok, subconsciously it seems like you don't really want to get the kingston ram. So the only choice left is the Corsair. You like, b1gapl recommends it, I also don't have any problems with Corsair.

Corsair has lots of reviews and got a high rating and is cheap.

brinks said:
Ok, subconsciously it seems like you don't really want to get the kingston ram. So the only choice left is the Corsair. You like, b1gapl recommends it, I also don't have any problems with Corsair.

Corsair has lots of reviews and got a high rating and is cheap.

Oh no it's not that, I have no problem with Kingston. I just don't want to miss out on better ram/a better choice simply because my computer currently has Kingston ram in it. So please, keep the suggestions coming you guys. I really am torn and have no idea as to which I should get.

Well now that we've established that I have nothing against Kingston and am just looking for the best purchase possible..
someone else suggested this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820134040

It's 4.50$ more and it seems like a good purchase. But it comes down to my parents since they'll be purchasing the ram. What do you guys think, is the extra money worth it?

If it turns out my parents decide against it, what would you guys reccomend otherwise? Of the lower-end options I posted.

Anyone? I really need to purchase this as soon as possible.. I'd appreciate any advice guys.

This will only help you if you just plan to run just this 1gig, or your other ram is able to run at the 2-3-2-6 timings. If you plan to overclock then get this ram, else just get the value ram.

Basically it will only be as good as your worst ram.

I'm really liking both the Corsair ValueRam and the Kingston ValueRam. I'm leaning torwards the Corsair but I don't want any incompatibility problems, since I already have "generic" Kingston ram in my computer at the moment..

Well, basically. Do you guys think I'll come across any incompatibility problems if I get the Corsair and I have Kingston in my current setup?

Most of the time mixing different brands of ram will work, However
there is always a chance of incompatibility, the only way to know for sure is to test it out.

My guess is that Working > Not Working.

Okay well say the mixing does work and everything boots up as it should. Would I be getting better performance if I had bought the Kingston and had kept the same brand ram throughout my PC? Rather tha mixing Corsair and Kingston?

Basically I want to get the best results possible. I don't want to settle for "it works, but it isn't working as good as it should/could be working"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom