First time build, High performance Gaming Rig <900?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodonebales

In Runtime
Hey, I'm new to the forum, as well as to the world of building my own rig. I 'm not particular to Intel or AMD, but I'll tell you what I'm looking for. I have a budget of...say...900 dollars, and I would like a rig that can play Battlefield 2 at the highest quality settings without any lag. As well, I do minor word processing, and play a ton of music off of my computer, but I already have a 250gig external HD that I'd probably make internal on a new desktop. Also, I'd like a case with a window and maybe some neons. Hmmm, I think that's all I'll mainly use it for. Thanks!

Not bad at all bigapl

Personally ive had very good experiences with building computers with used parts that I get very cheap.

My latest build is
e6300
MSI 975x mobo
X1950XTX
Ultra 500W psu
Random HD and CD Drives
2gig ddr2-533
My old case

Wound up spending about 650-700 to put it together

So, take a look around the Buy Sell Trade section and you might be able to score some sweet deals.

-aspire

My gaming rig in my sig plays BF2 at highest settings with no lag.

You might want to wait on the neon's and *bling* till after you have the PC built, and put that extra money into hardware.

You do realize that it costs something like 6 bucks to buy a set of cold cathodes...

Not like it really affects the overall cost significantly...
Maybe a day or two of lunch money...

Haha, it's 6 bucks I could put into a video card, apparently :) Well, anyways, I'm headed to MicroCenter (best brick and mortar store EVER) to check some stuff out. If I buy, I'll let you guys know. Thanks for the help! Keep it comin!

What I do is, make the wishlist, and then I send it to my email....then I post it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom