corsair 667MHZ or supertalent 800MHZ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cementshoes

In Runtime
Which is a better buy? I'm wondering now if I should call and change the corsair 667 MHZ to supertalent 800 MHZ. Both would be 2gigs and the 800MHZ is like 38 dollars more. Is super talent a reliable namebrand and should I make the upgrade or just stay with the corsair 667?

Unless you're overclocking, 667Mhz memory provides enough bandwidth. I've never heard of "supertalent", so I can't really say anything about its reliability (or lack of). Corsair memory is excellent.

Thanks, i'll just leave the order as is. And I won't be overclocking, I'm hoping my system will run well enough w/o it.

Corsair's usually pretty good, but I've also seen some pretty **** good reviews on some of the Supertalent sticks. It's a toss-up. Personally...I would go with the Corsair sticks cause 667 would be fine for you.

I heard that super talent is pretty **** good, really fast. I almost bought it myself.

I've never heard of Super Talent before. Personally I'd stick with Corsair. Memory is probably the single most heavily used component in your computer and it needs to be dependable. I'd go with a good brand like Corsair on Kingston any day even if it's a bit slower. A little loss of speed sure beats having to shell out for two more sticks after a couple of years I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom