Big problem again, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solitary_Ones

Baseband Member
Because it froze, I turned my computer off using the button, and now it's stuck in this situation when it won't turn on. When you press the "on" button the fan just turns on, then revvs up faster, then slows down again. It speeds up, then slows down again. And it just continues that way.

It's driving me insane.

Anyone have a solution?

It just began, right after I turned it off the wrong way.

I don't see how it could have been overheating, it was off for about sixteen hours prior to using it again. It froze after about an hour. Maybe I have a virus or something, but for now I just want to turn it on.

Unplug everything except the Memory, heatsink/fan and video card and then power on the system. If it will post into the bios then you have a peripheral component that has failed and you need to add those components 1 at a time until the system fails to boot and then you have found the culprit. If it will not post: Bad power supply, memory stick, cpu or motherboard (since that is all there is left). Generally, if it will not power on the two best choices are a power supply or CPU. One easy test is to disconnect you 20 pin and 12volt rail form the mobo and install another psu borrowed form another puter and see if the system will power on. If it will not its the cpu or mobo. If it will you need a new power supply. Pray it's the PSU!!!

I appreciate it, but I don't fully understand.

What you're telling me is:

Scenario 1:
Unplug everything inside the computer, then the screen should work, right? Then plug another on in, then turn on the computer, until it doesn't work anymore?

RicoDirenzo said:
Unplug everything except the Memory, heatsink/fan and video card and then power on the system.

How exactly do I unlug it and how do I know what is what?

Scenario 2:
I don't really understand it, but it's complicated right?

Honestly, if what he told you is in fact beyond your grasp, I recommend taking your machine to a service professional.

I don't mean to be insulting, but if you don't understand, the better option is to just take it to someone who knows what they're doing. Otherwise you risk doing damage yourself.

zep867 said:
Honestly, if what he told you is in fact beyond your grasp, I recommend taking your machine to a service professional.

I don't mean to be insulting, but if you don't understand, the better option is to just take it to someone who knows what they're doing. Otherwise you risk doing damage yourself.

If you don't understand, then learn and save money. It's very easy, and easy to learn.

CrazeD said:
If you don't understand, then learn and save money. It's very easy, and easy to learn.

If you don't understand, learn with someone who does. Do it yourself-ers often cause damage and cost themselves more money (not save it)

The other day I had a guy come into my friends shop, he bought a barebone setup from tiger direct.

the box came with a am2 mb which he forced an opteron with a 940 into.

no thermal grease, and the heatsink wasnt on correctly.

(There were several other problems, but I'll leave it with that)

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for learning so you dont have to pay someone else to do it, but not by yourself with only the advise of a forum to work on.

If you want to learn, go to a local shop that has a good rep and make friends. Have them show you what they're doing and explain why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom