Computer makes noises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancalime

Baseband Member
Well whenever I turn the computer on in the morning, and it seems to be only in the morning, the computer makes this somewhat loud noise. It sounds like an engine starting up but it is significantly louder than normal and does not sound like a computer. This also only happens the first time I turn on the computer. When I power it down and fire it up again, the noise level returns to normal. This also does not happen when I turn it on in the afternoon and not in the morning. I don't know, this is all very strange. What could have caused this? Is it dust? If it is I don't understand why it only happens once and seemingly only in the morning.

I have a Alienware computer it is a bit over a year old.

i had this problem, i was scared.

it was because i had loads of dust in my power supply thing. just blow into it if you're willing to, should get rid of it but you may choke slightly. or you can get an air can to spray into it :)

hope it works.

Probably just dirt in one of the fan bearings. What probably happens, I'm guessing, is that after sitting all night it kind of gets a little stuck, and then when you turn it on it is stiff for a while, then probably loosens up after it's been running.

CrazeD said:
Probably just dirt in one of the fan bearings. What probably happens, I'm guessing, is that after sitting all night it kind of gets a little stuck, and then when you turn it on it is stiff for a while, then probably loosens up after it's been running.

I'd say you're probably right.

but as for just blowing into it, I dont recommend it. The idea is to get the dust out of the case, not blow it back in.

If your going to blow it out, open the case and use a can of air, with the focus on blowing the dust out.

The fact that you say it only happens in the morning, and not the afternoon is pretty strange (I missed that part earlier). Could be that the hard drive is colder in the morning and is making a weird noise cause it's cold.

Honestly though, it's hard to really give accurate information because none of us have heard the noise. If you can distinguish where the noise is coming from, that might help.

Ok thank you for all the replies. I thoroughly cleaned all the fans including the PSU yesterday. Today it didn't make any weird noises, I hope this continues.

Again thank you everyone for all the help! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom