controlling fans, and power connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreyMackUK

Solid State Member
I hope someone can help me as i'm a bit puzzled.
I'm currently building a new pc & I was about to purchase a fan controller when a review made me think. It stated your fans must be on a 3 wire plug and not the 4 wire molex ones.

So i checked out my new case a mystique 631 and the front and back fans have 3 wire connections attached to 4 wire molex's but they can be removed so they should work fine.
The problem is the cpu fan, its an artic cooling freezer pro 7 and upon looking at that it appears to have a different connection all together. It goes to a small white plastic connector with 4 holes and the instructions says to attach to a point on your motherboard. So i'm a bit confused whether i can control that fan.

The reasoning behind all this is i was going to buy the coolermaster cooldrive 4 which i know is now a couple of years old but i like its looks. One of the faults on this unit is an alarm sounds everytime you boot the pc if you dont connect 3 fans to the available connections, and i don't want that.

So i hope i have supplied enough info and what ie said makes sense.
Thanks for reading.

all i can say is its a veryt BAD idea to control your cpu fan,,, newer mobos do it for you anyways based on its temp...

Ok i respect your view but it doesn't really help me.

The fan controller im after had this annoying alarm that starts everytime you boot up if a fan is not connected, now i could fool it by attachig another fan but at the moment my pc will only have 4 fans 1 in the cooldrive 4, one in front of case one in the back and the last the cpu fan.
I'm not sure what else i can do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom