vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

laptop58

Solid State Member
i was thinking of upgrading to windows vista? can i? which version should i use? what kinda things do i have to make sure i have in order to download and buy?

Okay need more info.

What are your specs?

The version is up to you. Choose the best one that fits your needs.

Make sure you have everything you want when you buy it.

Okay Integrated GFX, that doesnthelp. 512 MB RAM is the required not recommened stats.

Basically i would say Home Basic. It doesnt have Aero, which your integrated graphics cant do anyways. It willb e sluggish since it has the least amount of RAM required.

Home Basic would be your best option. I have seen systems running with 512 and integrated GFX and Vista Home Premium and they were slowwwww. About 10 minutes to boot.

Personally I would recommend that you simply get a new laptop if you want to waste money on Vista :p Thats mainly because 90% of the reason Vista is any good (in my opinion) is that it looks sexy, and has Direct X 10. Stick with something like XP if your going to use a laptop with those specs.

My recommended specs for a pleasant Vista experience:

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor (2.0 Ghz recommended)
1 Gig of DDR2 RAM
Dedicated Graphics Card (ATI X1600 or NVIDIA 7600 Recommended)
80 Gig hard drive

That right there will give you a pleasant experience even with Areo. If you had the specs above I would go with Premium. With what you have right now, I agree with Makaveli213, go with Home Basic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom