Yes another help me build question and some other stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_pwnerer

Solid State Member
ok. this is like my 2nd post here, but for what i have read people here loves to help (well thats what i think) so i said, well lets just bother them again with noob question.. so here it goes..

ok i've been reading about al that amd vs intel stuff, neways i posted another topic with a budget around the k, the build suggested intel, now, my computer is going to be mostly for gaming, some oldies like, MOHAA, CS,MOHPA, i wanna try FEAR, you get the idea, also i really like rpgs, however i dont have the money to pay for WoW, so i play the "copy" of wow, which is free :D, it called "Silkroad", now, i hope that helps, however of course i will be buying new games, but i think most "pc killer/eater" games will come out for da xbox360 too so i really dont worry bout them, but still i would like to play new gen games, so the main question here is, the budget is around 1k, talldude123 quoted meithan with a 1k build, which used intel, however for what i know and read, AMD used to be better than intel (ok i dont say OWN or kick a** cause i dont want to start a fight, i want sum help) but now with da new dual core and stuff they say intel is better, however i really dont plan on overclocking, because of 2 reasons.. i dont freaken know how, and i dont want to screw da pc, so keeping it stock for a while would be nice, so i know this thread is kinda long, and so far has no sense (xcuseme for dat ¬¬) but i want a new pc and this seems like the perfect place to ask for opinions/help.

So for u that know pc stuff plz leave leave aside the intel/amd prefences. Please i dont want a thread that will probably get closed because of a fight. :bald:

so that said, please post ideas of a cool gaming build at around 900/1k.. yes im poor lol, but hey, i will get a job and pay for ma own parts..

thanks in advance i really love these forums and da people in them.

Pease :cool:

nothings wrong, i just want to see different choices and stuff.. if meithan's the best one for the budget and the purpose, then ill stick with it..

kk ty very much, just one more question, how many years do you think that build might last?.. i mean with the new vista and all dat dx10 stuff.. i dont really know a lot about those things

wait you talking to me or nitestick? if me ya it should last a year or 2 dx10 is not really needed yet so this should do ya good

This would be my favorite computer, this is what I like!

Case: Rosewill $29.99

Processor: AMD Athlon 4000 2.4Ghz $83.00

Mobo:
EVGA NForce4 MATX Motherboard $64.99

Hard Drive:
WD 160GB SATA HD $52.99

Memory:
WINTEC AMPO 1GB DDR RAM (2) $143.98

DVD-RW: LG 18X Super Multi DL DVD Burner $29.99

CD-RW:
LG 52X32X52 CD Burner $17.49

Floppy:
NEC Floppy Drive *very quiet* $6.25

Power Supply:
500W $51.99

Video Card:
EVGA 7600GT PCI-X $94.99 REBATES
TV Tuner, for fun :D $19.99

Card Reader: Rosewill 52-in-1 USB 2.0 Card Reader $9.99

Monitor: ViewSonic 19" LCD $155

Keyboard/Mouse Combo:
My Exact Mouse/Keyboard for $40 less what I paid :( $24.99

Speakers:
Tin Cans for $5 from Newegg, what do you need?

Total = $790.62. Wow, Didn't know Athlons could be so cheap :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom