problm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Baseband Member
hi
I dont know whether its the right place to post this prob.
Basic Config: Windows XP, AMD Athlon 2600XP+, 768 MB RAM, mother board: A7V400MX, Geforce FX 5500
I had recently cleaned my computer, dismantled the CPU.... everything!!! I cleaned the dust off by a cloth and some places by a old toot brush.. I used a thick strand of wool to clean the heat sink. I put everything back and it seemed fine. But, after 1 or 2 days, it showed some irregularities in booting time. Then the booting time lengthened. The progress bar passed only one time on the screen, and then loaded XP. but, now The progress bar goes more than 10 times before loading XP. It was a long time since i formatted,, so i formatted C drive and installed XP again, but there is no change.. Then i was sure that there is some prob. Even in a re install, the time should have decreased significantly!! The OS, detects 768 MB RAM and doesnt show any conflicts.
please help me find a solution,,, i jst hate

i didnt remove the heat sinks.. Actually,, i cudnt!!! I wasnt able to free the latch of heat sink 4m the processor.... So i jst cleaned it as such.. When i tried to clean the fan of the graphics card, i didn t have screw driver for removing it. on cleaning the fan seemd to tilt to one side or so,, it seemd there was a paste under it,, though the Fan is sitting properly on the card.. All the fans are working.. The temperature of the processor is usually high around 62 to 63, but now its at 65 degrees centigrade!! i checked the heat sink, its ok, i didnt remove it, though i tried to force the latch!!! i checked both RAm modules.. but am doubtful about the temperature, i'll monitor it and chek the heat sink again!!! wil post about it tmrw!!

cleaning the heat sink while still on the mobo, not the best idea :) it was probably stuck to the cpu just needed some twisting. possible with all the friction and cleaning inside the case you shorted something out.

well, the temperature remains ok, doesnt go to unnecessary levels, did some gaming with qake 4 and far cry but, temperature never went to the threshhold(remains b/w 63-67).. If i had shorted something, wouldn't it be apparent in some other means?? only defect i'm seeing is in the booting times, otherwise, the desktop loads real quick(mayb bcoz of reinstall).. Can anyone hlp???

those temps are kinda high. is that C or F?

and what latch? the one that holds the hsf to the board, or the one that holds the cpu to the board? and btw, on amd ones, you have to unclip it then pull up(for newer) older ones i think screw on, or use a type of place to set a screwdriver and u push down and out and it pops off, or some have a lever on it.

did some research:

1. Disconnect the CPU fan connector.
2. A medium sized flat bladed screw driver is needed to insert into the clip nearest the motherboard edge. Insert on the inner side of the small lug provided in the centre of the clip and push down enough to release the tension and the move the screw driver so that the bottom of the clip moves outward and clears the plastic retaining lug. This should release the heatsink. BE CAREFUL NOT TO LET THE SCREW DRIVER SLIP DOWN AND DAMAGE THE MOTHERBOARD.

my cpu is in a bit of an enclosed space. it is usually high, i have no option to keep it else or i have to change the whole computer table.. , ya, its the AMD one and i think thats the way to remove it, i'll giv it a try!! and refix it again, and see whether there is any improvement!! any other cause for the mess i',m into,?? Thankz for replying!!

The temperature is in celsius, i dont think there is a prob with the processor and all,, where else cud it be a prob,, and yes, i think the temperature is high. my bro told me that even with high end applications it would reach a max of 64 or so!!! avg was 60!!! degree celsius,, guys ,wat cud be the prob???

I did remove the heat sink as directed by bmx, cleaned everything, and put it back on.. But, it still doesnt improve!!! Does giving wrong power connections in motherboard slow down booting time, or only show malfunction?? i believe that i have connected everything properly, as there has been no other error except for prolonged booting time. The temperature is also bit high, wen playing games or in intensive use,, goes to max 67 degrees C....
Help me guys!!!!

U think that will solve this problem?? I dont thik there is expansion for putting another fan,,, Anwyay, if so, where should i put the fan?? I have 3 fans other than that for SMPS, 1 for processor, heat sink, graphics card... Wil replacing processor fan with turbo fan work???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom