New Laptop questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredyRivera

Solid State Member
This is my first laptop and the second computer i have buyed in 9 years so i dont know a lot about the technology they are using today, my last computer was a desktop with pentium 2 550Mhz. The laptop i have now looks like this:
Intel core 2 Duo T7200 (2GHz/667MHz/4MB)
2GB Shared dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM 677MHz, 2DIMM
80 GB 7200RPM SATA hard drive
512 MB NVidia GeForce Go 7950 GTX
with Windows XP Professional SP2
8X DVD +/- RW Drive
My questions are:
1) Can this computer run Solidworks and ANSIS with no Problems?(for student applications)
2) In this Core Duo technology the 2GHz is the power of a single chip or the sum of both?(i belive the duo is for 2 chips but im not sure)

the 2Ghz is the speed at which your chip is running. For a laptop that stuff looks nice, how much does it cost? I don't really know those 2 programs but I would assume they should work with that comp.

I would think you are good to go on that. Too bad they haven't found a way to make laptops as easily upgradeable as desktops. I hope you have one heck of a beefy battery for that bad boy lol

Oh and about the core duo thing, both your cores are running at 2Ghz but what that really means is you have the ability to run more programs at that speed rather than combining 2x2Ghz for better performance on a single app. Basically good for multi-tasking and will become more and more used in programs and games that come out which take advantage of the dual core.

The battery it comes with is a 80WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion.
Oh I see so it have 2 cores running at 2 GHz but it doesnt mean it will get to 4GHz in combination, but it should run a litter more than 2GHz if its using both cores right?
Thanks for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom