Gaming Computer, Opinions Wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
=) I'm getting both gigs of the DDR2 and the 79850 GT 512, thanks for all of the help. I saw ONE last thing that i'm curious about. I saw that they have corsair RAM that is 800mhz and mine is 667mhz. Is that a huge difference or am I better off with 2 gigs at 667 or am i better off with one at 800.

ehhhhh...good question. if money is your concern, go with the 2gb of 667. as f2b says the 800 will be better if you plan to overclock.
"better" is relative in this case i think. you may notice a little difference, tho.
i suggest the 800, but you need to buy 2 x 512 sticks so you can use it in dual.
then you can scrape up more bread and get 2 x 1gb sticks for a total of 3gb.
or, just buy the 2 x 1gb now.
c'mon. do it.

If overclocking will void any warranties I won't do it.

Specifications:
Case: Digital Storm Twister LITE (Black Aluminum Edition)
Power Supply: 550W Thermaltake (SLI Compatible) (Silent PurePower
Edition)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86GHz (1066MHz Front Side Bus) (2MB
Cache) (Conroe)
Motherboard: Asus P5N-SLI (Chipset: nForce 570 Intel) (SLI Compatible)
(Conroe)
Memory: 2GB DDR2 Corsair at 667MHz (Dual Channel)
Hard Drive 1: 250GB Western Digital (16MB Cache) (7200 RPM) (SATA)
Optical Drive 1: Sony DVD-ROM/CD-ROM (DVD Reader 16x / CD Reader 40x)
(Includes Power DVD)
Network Card: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL
/ Network Connections)
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 7950GT 512MB (By: eVGA) (PCI-Express)
TV Tuner: - No Thanks
Sound Card: Motherboard Multi-Channel High Definition Audio (7.1
Channel)
Cooling: Air Cooling (Certified Digital Storm Heat-sink and Fan (Stage
1 Cooling)
Case Lighting: Blizzard Internal Lighting (Blue Edition) (Cold Cathode
Tubes)
Display: VX922 19inch LCD flat panel.

So this is my final setup, Oblivion is the most demanding game hardware wise that I have, so that's what I'll bring up again. Will the computer I just listed run it on highest settings smoothly? Also I don't know if it affects anything but I have a 19inch View Sonic LCD 2 MS response time display. So yeah, that's everything I have I Just want to be able to pretty much run any game on high smoothly.

lol yeah it voids your warranty.
not laughing at you, i just think thats funny. a lot of people say that, then when they complete their build...hahaha

What exactly does overclocking do? How hard is it, can I break any parts and will it void the warranties?

Well I just purchased this computer and on the phone the guy told me that overclocking this systems wouldn't be good. He said it would mess it up. Is he wrong? I want to do it if it'll make a very noticable difference and not harm the computer, but I won't do it if it'll mess it up or not be too noticable.

i would have to say that the guy on the phone is
F-O-S
but it will void your warranty.
dude with your cpu and that mobo we're talking about a major increase in clock speed.
you have to poke around and do something retarded to mess it up, ie. it will reset itself if you do everything right and just push a little too far.
read up. there's lots of stickies and threads about overclocking an e6300.

You should go with the Core 2 Duo E4300. You can oc it to 3Ghz while keeping your RAM at DDR2-667.

I think he just said that he made the order so we can stop talking about what parts to get. Now you can hop over into the OCing section of the forum and read up on everything involved in it.

Basically yes the guy on the Phone was full of crap. OCing if done correctly is completely safe, gives you a VERY noticeable performance increase, and will give you much better value for your money.

OCing basically is when you go into your BIOS and incrementally tell your computer to run at faster speeds. After each increase you run certain programs (more info in stickies in the OCing section) to test your stability. Once your stability falls you increase the amount of power which regains stability. It is a balance between increasing speed, keeping stability by increasing power, and not overheating. The more juice you add to your system the hotter things will get. So if you increase in small increments, check stability each time, and keep your temperatures under a certain level you are basically guaranteed to greatly increase your computer speed and performance while being virtually 100% safe.

There are tons of stickies etc. that you should read to get some general info on OCing. It seems a little overwhelming at first but it really isn't that bad and there are a TON of people that know everything about everything that you can post questions to on here in the OCing section.

GL, HF, Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom