Gaming Computer, Opinions Wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cementshoes

In Runtime
Specifications:
Case: Digital Storm Twister LITE (Black Aluminum Edition)
Power Supply: 550W Thermaltake (SLI Compatible) (Silent PurePower
Edition)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86GHz (1066MHz Front Side Bus) (2MB
Cache) (Conroe)
Motherboard: Asus P5N-SLI (Chipset: nForce 570 Intel) (SLI Compatible)
(Conroe)
Memory: 2GB DDR2 Corsair at 667MHz (Dual Channel)
Hard Drive 1: 250GB Western Digital (16MB Cache) (7200 RPM) (SATA)
Optical Drive 1: Sony DVD-ROM/CD-ROM (DVD Reader 16x / CD Reader 40x)
(Includes Power DVD)
Network Card: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL
/ Network Connections)
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 7600GT 256MB (By: eVGA) (PCI-Express)
Sound Card: Motherboard Multi-Channel High Definition Audio (7.1
Channel)
Cooling: Air Cooling (Certified Digital Storm Heat-sink and Fan (Stage
1 Cooling)
Case Lighting: Blizzard Internal Lighting (Green Edition) (Cold Cathode
Tubes)
Windows OS: Microsoft Windows XP Home (Includes Windows Vista Basic
Upgrade)

I like to play games like America's Army, Counter Strike, HL-2, Oblivion, BF2, Guildwars, that gives you a general idea of what I need it to be able to run, I'd like to have a nice FPS on the highest visual settings. Do you think this computer will be able to run on the highest graphics and run smoothly?

BTW, I'm buying this from a site that's why I don't have links to the separate items.

Here's a link, it'll end up costing around 1320 with tax.
http://www.digitalstormonline.com/comploadsaved.asp?id=45487

A 7600GT will play games on high but it will struggle i suggest build your own and we can help you with a setup that would blow away that one you are asking about.

If it'll be that noticeable then I guess I can build one. I've just never done it and thought this would be a lot easier. I just want to be able to run games like America's Army, Counter Strike, HL-2, Oblivion, BF2, Guildwars on high smooth. Is there a guide on the site with the parts I should buy or could you recommend them? I can spend 1200 or less, the 1320 is what my mom would have spotted me for buying a built computer, but she probably won't spot me the extra money now, so my budget is 1200.

Well here is what i suggest:
E6300 processor
2 gig ram
Gigabyte ds3 motherboard
XFX 7950GT or Evga 7950GT vid card
Hiper 530 watt power supply
250 gig hard drive
Case of your choice

I might have gone over your budget but not sure thats all off the top of my head.

Alright, I'm pretty much going to get the computer I listed. My mom is going to pay half and she wants it to have a warranty/doesn't trust me to put it together haha. So I have just a few more questions and then i'll buy it. Is a vid card w/ 512mb THAT much better than one w/ 256? And i just want to be completely sure that this will run a game like Oblivion smoothly. That's all I need answered and I can get my computer =)

If you can go with a better card, do it. Even if you have to cut back on othe stuff... you can always upgrade later. It's easier to buy a stick or two of RAM later than to replace the GFX card.

How is an nVidia Geforce 7950 GT 512 MB by EVGA PCI Express. I could get that and 1 gig of DDR and then buy the second stick of DDR with my next paycheck.

You are much better off getting the better vidcard. Just make sure they don't give you 2 sticks of 512 ram, you want 1 gb stick so that you can get 1 more 1gb stick with ur next paycheck. It is very important to have 2x1gb sticks instead of 4x512

P.S. Slap your mom, kick urself, then quit being a wuss and build your own computer. You can get twice the system for the same price and basically have people on here tell you exactly what you need and what to do. Order it all from NewEgg and you can RMA any dead part if you get one with no problem at all. Just tell your mom that you can get the same system for half the price if you build it urself and have full coverage on any parts that don't work, most parents would leap at that kind of thing.

cementshoes said:
How is an nVidia Geforce 7950 GT 512 MB by EVGA PCI Express. I could get that and 1 gig of DDR and then buy the second stick of DDR with my next paycheck.

that is indeed a good idea.
the 7950 is a fantastic card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom