1st-Timer Build [AM2] (no intels please) Need feedback before I buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
fade2black2004 said:
lol can opterons get that high on air?

ABSOLUTELY. the watercooling i mentioned before was on a x2 4200. opterons, especially socket 939, are MONSTER overclockers and much better than any x2 when it comes to overclocking. granted you do have to have a Zalman, but you should always have a Zalman, lol.

well you dont have to have a zalman if your watercooling it....but yea i got my opty to 2.8 ghz on air, using a sythe ninja....going for 3.0 ghz this weekend...and i have seen optys get all the way to 3.5 ghz on watercooling...

I have an AM2 4200+ and a E6300 both with 7950gt's. The AM2 and E6300 Run 3DMark05 within 50 points. The AM2 is an excellent processor and the price is right!

i dunno first hand either.
i have read a few articles that say the new 2.0ghz opty (1212 santa ana) is capable of 2.9+ on stock voltage.
abit makes a good board for it, NF-M2.
if i was to go opty i would probably try the am2...it's about 200.00 on the egg...it would be great to have one and push the o.c. ability. plus you have am3 coming out sometime, maybe Q3?
but then again, the durability and the reliability if the s939 is impressive. it's just that you have no upgrade with that platform. though, granted...with a good vid card and plenty of ram a new s939 opty build will last for a couple of years, probably.

RicoDirenzo said:
I have an AM2 4200+ and a E6300 both with 7950gt's. The AM2 and E6300 Run 3DMark05 within 50 points. The AM2 is an excellent processor and the price is right!

i am curious rico, are the two set at stock speeds?
run superpi 1m and you may see a difference between the two.
i agree...for the money (170 bones, though they were 158 last week, lol), you cannot buy a better cpu. except for the s939 opty, lol see above.

This guy is saying "no intel please" in his title, so I think he is an AMD fanboy because intel completely owns AMD

He can get E6300 which cost the same as X2 4200+, but it performs much better.

There no reason to get AMD, not even ONE reason.

lol i can think of one reason amd have to sell at least some processors or else they're going to go out of business thanx to Intel and I believe that competition makes business work harder so cant just have Intel calling the shots.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom