Laptop build help

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwiz

MechEng Extraordinaire
my friend wants a laptop so i'm looking into it for him. i've built a few desktops so i figured i'll test the laptop waters...

i'm looking to spend like $300-500 if possible.

i'm looking for cheap parts (obviously) but i'm not real familiar with mobile technology like i am desktop. what are some older generation chips/chipsets i could pic up for cheap. any websites sell oem laptop parts?

thanks!

Laptops are expensive to build yourself so i reccomend you pick a refurbished or new laptop off ebay for the price your looking for, dont get me wrong it is possible to build laptops from scratch obviously or they wudnt exist. But if mobile technology isnt your area i would leave it alone because its a difficult area to build in, i would buy a built one, it'd be easier.

Thanks

and 300-500 is way to low to think about for a laptop build, for anything functional that is. like kman said laptops are more expensive all around.

yeh, like i said, its for my friend... he's kinda poor :(
personally im looking at a macbook pro

i told him i'd check around to see if i can build him one on the cheap

You can build your own laptops, companies like ASUS and MSI make barebones ones. The problem is that they're pretty expensive and they're all fairly high end anyways so it wouldn't work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom