Computers and Airplane Travel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

turboxchaz

In Runtime
I'm going across the states this summer (I live in CA) and I wanted to know, do you think it's safe to put the computer in the baggage claim (how should I store it, in a box or a bag full of pillows)? I don't want a new computer that was just built to be busted when I retrieve it.
Or should I just carry it as my luggage since the ride will be 5 hours?

i would mail it. pack it up good and mail it insured. i never trust air plane baggage had to many nightmares with them. but thats my suggestion. with mail if you insure it anything happens you get the money so its a win win. airport baggage policy is pretty much opps. lol

Tower = Insured Mail or Carrier
Laptop = Carry On

I love watching the ground crew sling the baggage around either on or off the plane as we are boarding or filing out. They have a job to do as quickly as possible. "Fragile" stickers have little to no effect. I would never place any sort of valuable electronic equipment in a check-in bag.

If you're just visiting some friends or relatives, use their computer, or do what I did, pay for an internet cafe.

If you mail it I would REMOVE the CPU & heat sink & fan... With it in transit like that the vibrations and excessive handling, wouldn't want to put too much stress on it. Well, now that I see you have an Athlon 1700+, you will probably be find if you have the stock cooler on it.

Ship it insured overnight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom