Cpu getting too hot? What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No its not on the heatsink either but i dont remember about the thermal pad. I m quite bad at remembering things but as far as i can remember there was just metal and no thermal stuff on heatsink or GPU

Then i guess i ll put the rest of the paste on my GPU and hope that I would get the desired result.

nagasama said:
i disagree with spreading it with a credit card
i suggest putting the grain of rice size dot in the center and then applying your hsf. the pressure of hsf spreads the paste where it needs to be...which is the center of the cpu's heat spreader.
read from the arctic silver5 website under installation, they have a good reason for not spreading it. i.e. the heat transfer is more efficient if the paste is centered on the cpu instead of totally covering it.
I agree with this method. But letting the pressure of the heatsink do the job gives almost the same output: thermal paste evenly spread over nearly the entire surface.

I just downloaded and installed Everest and it doesnt show GPU temps
I just liked the benchmarks. Got some good ones.
I will apply the paste in the night cauz right now i m waiting for another problem for which i have made another thread about my PC restaring when i Shut it down from windows. I hope you can help me with that too. so that i dont have to open up the whole system again.
Here is the thread

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140349

ok, now i can see it. Before i just went to GPU. Its showing 56 c when its normal and thats pretty much for being normal i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom