A Question I Was Asked. Please Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank's for all your reply's guy's.

I pretty much had the same round bout answer that I gave him. Mostly that it is a personal thing more then a bigger speed gain (Unless over clocking to much higher rates).

hrmm, i'm late to the subject.. but i just overclock to push things to the limit, get more out of what i paid for.. and as a big oc'r in this community i know i got more than what i paid for based on my benchmarks.. getting higher 3dmark06 than a gtx (based on some review sites)

and yes.. its fun while booting.. wondering.. is it gonna boot?!?!? i always love doing that.... and when it does, oh its a world of joy

hmammen said:
holy **** jseber.....nice rig....how are those 8800gtxs running???

and yea....i only overclock to do it....my old athlon i OCed from the stock 2.4 ghz to 2.6 ghz.....never noticed a change except on bencmarks.....my new opteron 165 is OCed from its stock 1.8 ghz to 2.8 ghz...and soon to be 3.0ghz....i definately notice a difference....

They are bad ***. Havnt found anything to max them out.. i am ready for 3dmark2007 lol. I would overclock them, but eh it aint even worth it yet. Not gunna put them on the brink of instability when they arent even being maxed out.

i might water cool them... not for performance,, but so that i can recover one of my pci slots lol. Right now i have to choose between my x-fi and my ageia card. Going back and forth depending on what i am doing. if i put the slim bfg block on them, i can get both pci cards in here. .... even though i hear that the bfg block is the crappiest watercooling block for the 8800.

My cpu will be oced more in a few weeks. The factory phase coolers can not keep quad core units cool. When overclocking, they will eventually overpower the unit and continue to heat up. Drewmeister from extremeoverclocking is building me a custom cascade unit that will be able to get the cpu to around -100*C. Then i should be able to get it back up to 4.6 or so. I could get my x6800 up to 4.4ghz on this, but it produced half the heat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom