RAM (MHz, divide by 2 for acutal):
970 - Says Invalid BIOS Checksum, asks for floppy/CD
960 - BSOD
950 - Eventual BSOD, Firefox crashed a lot
940 - Freeze, no actual BSOD
930 - Freeze, no actual BSOD
920 - Eventual Freeze, no actual BSOD
910 - Eventual Freeze, no actual BSOD

RAM voltage is 2.2v, timings are 4-4-4-10, and my CPU voltage is at 1.5v. HOWEVER, it is interesting to note that CPU-Z says my voltage is only 1.440v. Maybe it needs a bit more juice?

EDIT So Ive gone back to stock. I think Ill trade off a bit of a speed increase for stability. I cant stand the computer freezing up so its back to stock RAM speed for me.

SpikedCola said:

RAM voltage is 2.2v, timings are 4-4-4-10, and my CPU voltage is at 1.5v. HOWEVER, it is interesting to note that CPU-Z says my voltage is only 1.440v. Maybe it needs a bit more juice?

thats odd my cpuz reading is always higher than what i have it set at.
go with your bios (im sure you know this) reading. or test it with a meter to find out what it really is.

Do you have an option to unlink the ram and cpu frequency? if so do that, concentrate on oc the cpu first then go back to the ram and see how far u get.

Alright, with the CPU vCore set to 1.300v in the BIOS, the BIOS hardware monitor gives me 1.300v for 2 seconds, then shows 1.284v for a second, then back to 1.300v. However, CPU-Z gives me 1.264v for 5 seconds, then shows 1.248v for a second, then back to 1.264v. Ill assume the BIOS monitor is correct.

From a knowledgable standpoint, do you think Id be able to get a higher overclock with a Thermaltake Big Typhoon cooler, rather than my Silverstone Nitrogen NT05, or should I try putting the little fans that came with the motherboard on the mosfet coolers? (The manual said not to, unless you were using passive cooling for the CPU, but Ive noticed that my fan doesnt blow down on the heatsinks, rather to the side, and Im guessing its not even hitting them.)

eh, the Thermaltake Big Typhoon should help some. You also might be interested in the Artic Cooling 'Freezer Pro 7'. I bought it because of good reviews I'd read and it keeps my E6400 @ 3Ghz in the 35C area most of the time. I've never seen it above 40C except for when I ran stress tests. just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom