Deleting Video Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfc469

Daemon Poster
Whenever I try to delete a video file, something odd happens. When I press the delete button, my screen shuts off for a second, the the ding dong type sound that plays when something is disconnected plays. Then the screen turns back on, and the computer dings again this time with the sound that plays when a device is connected. I am thinking that somehow, this has something to do with my video drivers, but I am not sure. This only happens with video files and no other types. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks

Try it in safe mode and see if it happens.

If you think its your video drivers, download and run driver cleaner pro then update drivers from website. Then Windows Update.

If that doesn't do it, try a repair install of windows then windows update.

If that happened to me, Id just reformat...

Well, I did reformat and it didn't help which is why I think its my drivers(and I have the most recent ones)

It is a NVidia GForce FX 5200

Run Driver Cleaner pro, Restart and delete a Video File. If it still happens then its not the Nvidia Drivers. (Because youll be using windows generic video Drivers)

Flash your BIOS.

well, I need to use the nvidia drivers because I am using the screen adjustment feature on them that allows you to adjust the position of the screen, because my monitor does funky stuff with the resolution that I like.

no. I need another solution. Without these drivers, I have a giant black line across the top of my screen and the bottom of my screen is gone all together. This monitor is fairly cheap and does not do well with displaying low resolutions.

first, take a look at device manager and see if you notice anything in there

next, check to see if video card is securely in its socket

and use only the ms certified latest nvidia drivers.using the non certified ones will give you problems kinda like the one you are having

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom