FINALLY! I think I got my system Finalized, ready to order now. Chime in on opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

King$nake

In Runtime
Thanks for the help from alot of people here at Tech-Forums, I think I have finally decided on my options. The Mobo, Processor, Sound Card, Keyboard/Mouse, Enermax Case and Hard Drive have all been ordered. I will hopefully have the Speakers, RAM, Graphics Card, Power Supply and Monitor ordered by next week sometime. Im very excited, and I think this PC is going to kick ***...Now I have to figure out how to get a cheap copy of Windows Vista!

Here are the specs:

Case:
ENERMAX ECA3092 Black SECC & Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
NewEgg.com Link

Motherboard:
ASUS P5B Deluxe LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard
NewEgg.com Link

Processor:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Conroe 2.13GHz LGA 775 Processor
NewEgg.com Link

Power Supply:
ENERMAX ATX 550W Power Supply
NewEgg.com Link

Graphics Card:
eVGA GeForce 8800GTS 640MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card
NewEgg.com Link

Memory:
G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory 2GBHZ
NewEgg.com Link

Speakers:
Logitech THX Z-5300e 280 Watts RMS 5.1 Speakers
NewEgg.com Link

Monitor: (22" Widescreen HDMI)
SCEPTRE x22wg-Gamer Black 22" 5ms DVI Widescreen HDMI LCD Monitor
NewEgg.com Link

Keyboard & Wireless Mouse:
Logitech Black USB RF Wireless Standard MX 3200 Laser Desktop Mouse Included
NewEgg.com Link

Sound Card:
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card
NewEgg.com Link

Hard Drive:
SAMSUNG SpinPoint T Series 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
NewEgg.com Link

Thanks
Joe

Looks like a nice setup. ive never really had much experience with ASUS motherboards but I hear there great. I would actually change your PSU to a Antec trio 550 WATT perhaps. Just because I find there great quality.

I just remember from this page static_11 saying

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77323

Some brands I mentioned have Higher end Power supplies and some lower end ones but for the mst part it holds true.

The brands I stay away from and would never reccomend. Ever
Thermaltake (TT)
Ultra
Coolmax
ASUS
Sparkle
RaidMax
AeroCool
AMS

I mean im not trying to say Thermaltake sucks or anything, but I would recommend something more reliable for a system like that.

hmm interesting. Ill look into that PSU later. Good thing I havent ordered that yet!

Edit: I just updated my list with a Enermax 550W. I actually have an Enermax case so I figured it would make sense to get it also

Thanks for pointing that out to me

Is there anything I should know about building this PC when I get it? Do any parts I ordered in the list above require special attention? This is my first PC build, and I have already read the above sticky PC-Building guide 10x over, but I just want to make sure.

Also, would you guys recommend me getting started on installing the PC parts that I have, or should I wait until I have them all before I start to assemble?

Thanks guys
-Joe

Deathawk said:
Thermaltake doesn't suck, and I'm pretty sure the Ultra X series or w/e they are called (the higher end ultra PSU's) don't suck either.

I say go with the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817128002 HIPER 580w or the Trio.

Not all do, but the Majority of TT's anD Ultra PSU's do.
Notice how I said only the Ultra Series, because they cleaned up their Act with the new Models of Ultra.
The only two TT's that get the go from hardforum are the 750 and 850 ToughPower ones.

Not to say you can't buy them, but the ones reccomended in that thread and the others (If not mentioned)
Silverstone
Seasonic
Etasis
Muskin
Corsair.
Are simply better then "most" TT's and Ultra branded PSU's.
Your talking about the Ultra Infinity Series btw.

That PSU section hasn't been updated for awhile. Some it is probably "off" by now.

Since the rest of the Parts will be going on a credit card, do you guys think I should additional cooling to this bad boy? I may be overclocking it in the future, but not soon....atleast I dont think I will...

Should I fork out some extra doh and buy cooling for this PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom