Can you get Windows Vista for cheap if your a College Student?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King$nake

In Runtime
I have been told from a couple of different people that if you are a College Student (like me) you can get a copy of Vista for cheap through the school. Anyone heard of stuff like this, or who should I talk to at my school?

Thanks
Joe

idk

im in high school and im taking a computer enginering technologies class and i got vista business for free
having a ***** of a time with it working right, but atleast it was completley free

lucky my schools technology sucks like 3 year old lowest quality Dells.
with office 2000 or something like that. and they use all these programs that are 5 years old. We do have a new 15 million dollar stadium. But i would rather have better technology classes they are for noobs right now.

Most colleges offer this but some dont.

King$nake said:
Anyone heard of stuff like this, or who should I talk to at my school?

Chances are your campus bookstore is where you get your student-discounted copy of Vista. That's where we get our software discounts at my uni. If not, contact your advisor or student advising center; they're the ones tasked with answering students' questions.

reckliss said:
lucky my schools technology sucks like 3 year old lowest quality Dells.
with office 2000 or something like that. and they use all these programs that are 5 years old. We do have a new 15 million dollar stadium. But i would rather have better technology classes they are for noobs right now.

Most colleges offer this but some dont.

You're lucky.

My (old) school had Dell Optiplex GX110 (beauties). Intel Pentium 3 993 Mhz, 512MB SDRAM, 15GB IDE HD, Intel 82810 4MB Graphics Chipset, Windows XP PRO SP1, Made around 2001. And we used Office 2000, Flash MX2004.

The class had one "Multimedia" computer. The teacher used it.

Intel Pentium 4 1.8Ghz
1GB DDR-RAM
80GB HD
48X CD Burner
Acer CRT
Logitech 2.1CH

Pfft. You are lucky to have 3 year old Dells.

If your college participates in MSDN Academic Alliance you get it for free.
Typically only large universities do this though.

My mechanical engineering computer lab all have dual core pentium D 940 processors with 2 gigs of ram.

We also have a mac lab - which irritates me to no end.

yea msdn is what my high school uses, but business is the only version available

and **** does it use alot of ram im definatly going to need another gig soon

talldude thats the same software we use and the comps are like celerons. i cant look and see what they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom