Got my Athlon 3000+ to 2.6ghz, but when is enough enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL

Vinsanity
Ok i got a sick mootherboard Asus A8N-E with NF4 Ultra, i have some cheap corsair value ram, and im using stock cooling. the temp is way low, idling at like 35C and full lodad liek no more than 50C, I set the ram to 266mhz, an the HTT multiplier to 3, so this is what its at. 289 bus speed, and the multiplier is 9 so its at 2.6ghz, the HT link is 886 mhz, and my ram frequency is at 185 mhz, so bacially 370mhz.I noticedthough that the voltage fluxuates form 1.48 to 1.52. I don't know too much about voltage and like how much is too much. So where is the point where the voltage is just too high and I should stop? Also what other things should i monitor while i am overclocking, becuase I think I'm monitoring everyhting, but i want to be safe. Thank you

The only things you need to really watch with a close eye would be the voltage and the temps. The voltage is the main thing that effects the temps and I'd say about 1.55Vcore is about the cutoff point for everyday use. Right now what you're running is fine. The only time the Vcore becomes unsafe is if it's up so high that it's causing you temperature problems which it obviously is not.

M733mhz said:
The only things you need to really watch with a close eye would be the voltage and the temps. The voltage is the main thing that effects the temps and I'd say about 1.55Vcore is about the cutoff point for everyday use. Right now what you're running is fine. The only time the Vcore becomes unsafe is if it's up so high that it's causing you temperature problems which it obviously is not.
alrite htanx man, so my final ultimate goal would be to get it to 3.0ghz, but i don't think the voltage will let me, but we'll see. So the voltage directly affects the temperature right? But that doesn't mena if i get a better cooler that the voltage will go down, ok I think i get vcore now. What are your guys' vcore's at?

You could set the Vcore straight up to 1.60 if your temperatures didn't go nuts. It's about finding a balance between performance and strain on the system. You can kick everything up as far as need be if everything stays inline and your temps don't go nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom