buying open box... any body do it b4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerodayATK

Daemon Poster
hiya i want to get it dfi lan party 939 w/ crossfire and i see newegg only has open box, anybody have experience w/ that. i know its going to be OEM but should i even go for it or no? its a great price 65.99....!>!>!!!

All it means is that somebody had tried it, didn't like it, and placed it back in the box. They're obviously going to check it for missing pieces, but you could say it's "pre-opened", not pre-owned.

ok on newegg i read it comes with nothing.. no disks nothing so get the drivers off the web?

Yeah. I just did it two weeks ago or so. Get them off the site. Be weary, they don't usually come with I/O plate, etc. However, it depends how the person sent it back I believe, because when I got my open box video card, it came with cds, and when i got my open box processor, it came with the fan and stuff.

I dont think the warranty is as good either. I think I saw the same mobo a couple weeks ago and almost bought it too, but ended up settling for an Asus A8N series model that was just a little more new so I could get the full warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom