missing firewall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tepidboy

Beta member
HI, i recently upgraded my system and re-installed windows. since using it i cant seem to find a firewall on my computer.

when i view my network connections there's the broadband connection that i always had (enabled, bridged... not sure what that means) but there are also two new icons- a bridge (enabled) and another local area connection (enabled, bridged) with 'nvidia nforce networking controller' beneath it.

there are no firewall options in the properties for either connection....... do i still have one? ive been getting trojan horses since this upgrade and never had them before.

any help would be much appreciated!

tepidboy said:
HI, i recently upgraded my system and re-installed windows. since using it i cant seem to find a firewall on my computer.

when i view my network connections there's the broadband connection that i always had (enabled, bridged... not sure what that means) but there are also two new icons- a bridge (enabled) and another local area connection (enabled, bridged) with 'nvidia nforce networking controller' beneath it.

there are no firewall options in the properties for either connection....... do i still have one? ive been getting trojan horses since this upgrade and never had them before.

any help would be much appreciated!

Security Center in Control Panel, and windows firewall in control panel.

You can also aquire Zone alarm pro or Black ice.

thanks ste but there is no security center in my control panel. there are no firewalls mentioned anywhere in internet options, network connections, and the search function in the start menu doesnt yield any results. also, i loaded whaever drivers i was given with the new set up.... i dont really want to end up paying for one like black ice, though it does sound good

Who said youd pay for it?

If you don't have Security center or Windows Fire wall in control panel then.

YOU REALLY NEED TO UPDATE WINDOWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom